Friday, December 15, 2006

Ugly Dolls



These are specialty toys that are only sold in speciallty stores. I did see in them in the gift shop at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago last year. Ugly dolls were orginally handmade by their creator when they first came out. They are still handmade, but in China so, according to Wikipedia, there is variations in them which still give them a unique quality. I am just wondering how they think other stuff toys are made? I imagine they are also handmade in China so I don't see much of a difference except these ones are uglier. (that's relative though)

I am interested in these because of their popularity as a chic, mainstream toy just because they are ugly. But what is interesting is that because they are ugly, they are cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home